Let it be noted that I was once an English teacher but am now the mother of four very young and very vivacious children. I blame all grammatical and spelling errors on this fact and ask for your compassion and forgiveness (and maybe some brownies too). =)

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The REAL second day before Christmas...

On the Tuesday before Christmas, I went to a Relief Society activity and had a great time. There was good food and a super cute program. I was sitting at a table with friends, one of them being my friend, Jennifer. Let it be noted, that I have always looked up to Jennifer. She is so amazing in everything she does. I had the opportunity to serve with her as one of her counselors in the Primary presidency for a few years. She has to be one of the purest, kindest people out there. Currently, she is very pregnant with her fifth child. Let it also be noted that I love her family to death and if the church ever needed a poster family, this family would be it! Anyway, as I was sitting at the table socializing, I was also thinking how happy I was for her. Then, out of nowhere, the thought popped into my head, "I think I'm pregnant." I quickly dismissed the idea, but when I got home from the activity, I checked my calendar and started doing some counting. As luck would have it, I had not recorded the day of my last cycle, which is unusual because I generally know the exact date and have it marked on my calendar. (I know, I know--I'm obsessive! Old habits are hard to break...) Anyway, I counted from various possible dates and no matter what date I plugged in, I was late. I wasn't about to be pulled into this same-old trap, so I decided to wait until Thursday to do a pregnancy test. The time from Tuesday night to Thursday seemed to drag and was full of moments where I thought I was starting my period but was wrong. Wednesday night I told Nic that I needed to run to the store for some feminine hygiene products. He never asks questions when I use those terms! Thursday morning I did the test. Later that afternoon I did another test, and...I'M PREGNANT! Picture me doing triple axles/cart wheels/plies & swirls in the air. Can it be possible? I am in total shock! I have my first doctor appointment on January 10th. Here's how I told Nic: There was no way I was going to make it to Christmas with such news, so I asked Nic if I could give him a present early. He had no idea what was coming! I put the pregnancy test in a little gift box and then wrapped it. I think he was expecting/hoping for something sexy like lingerie or at least something for his Jeep. Boy, did I surprise him! I think he may have stopped breathing for a minute or two! Now we are both walking around in shock. I can't believe we are on this road again. I am so excited. Our very own Christmas miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment