Let it be noted that I was once an English teacher but am now the mother of four very young and very vivacious children. I blame all grammatical and spelling errors on this fact and ask for your compassion and forgiveness (and maybe some brownies too). =)

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lessons on money management

So I gave the lesson today in Young Women's and the lesson was on being financially responsible. This is ironic for three reasons:
1. Money management is my most recent/never-ending stress. Just the other day I was having a slight money meltdown because I know the basic principles of money management, I think I understand the basic concepts, and yet I struggle to maintain a budget. I get so frustrated with myself. Sometimes I wonder if I should just take a class to learn Mandarin Chinese--it would be equally simple for my mind. Nic jokes that my bank statement is my kryptonite!
2. This goes along with #1--I have never been very good at money management. Again, I could give a lesson on basic conversation in Chinese that would equally tap into my expertise...
3. This is the second time I've given this lesson. It was about a year ago that I gave this exact lesson! Obviously, the Lord has us teach the lessons that we need to learn the most, and obviously, I haven't learned it yet!

2 comments:

  1. Ditto. I think I should probably just use cash, that or win the lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a hard thing for me as well. One thing that I have found works for us is the cash method. Payday I take out the budgeted amt for gas, grocery, etc and put them in an envelope. We have found that this is definitely the best way for us to stick with a budget. Sometimes it isn't very fun being an adult.

    ReplyDelete