Let it be noted that I was once an English teacher but am now the mother of four very young and very vivacious children. I blame all grammatical and spelling errors on this fact and ask for your compassion and forgiveness (and maybe some brownies too). =)

Friday, December 17, 2010

On the eighth day before Christmas...

Thoughts on parenting...
So every once-in-awhile I have these moments where I think, "I'm doing pretty good. I think I have this parenting thing down. We've made it this far and Sam is turning out pretty darn good..." These moments last for approximately five minutes at the most. Then along comes a new phase (current phase: screaming and tantrums), a new issue, a new tooth (molars)...you name it, and suddenly I find myself, once again, trying to get my head above the water in the sea of What-do-I-do-now-I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing. I am grateful for those brief moments of calm and assurance, and I am very grateful for parenting books and Google. (In all seriousness, I am very grateful for a patient and loving Heavenly Father. I can't imagine trying to figure all of this out without prayer and the Spirit!)

By the way, some day I am going to write a book entitled, Everything I Needed to Know about Parenting, I Learned at Obedience School. It will be a bestseller...

No comments:

Post a Comment