Anyway, here's my grateful list for this week:
Day Seven--What memory are you grateful for?
This is another hard one. I'm grateful for memories altogether. I'm grateful that I still have so many wonderful memories with my grandparents and others who have passed on. I'm grateful for the memories that I'm making with my husband and children every day. Probably my greatest memories so far have been when my sister and brother were born, getting married to Nic, and the birth of my four children. Those are the moments that far outweigh all hard and heart breaking memories combined.
Day Eight--What book are you most grateful for?
I love books! I am so grateful for books and the influence great books have had on my life. I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon that has had the most profound effect on my life and has helped me through trials and continually teaches me how to become the person that I want to be. I'm also grateful for literature and the ability to read. Let's see, some of my other favorite books: The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom, Dante's Inferno, A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, Pride and Prejudice (and anything else written by Jane Austen), and pretty much anything by Shannon Hale (Austenland, Goose Girl, etc.).Day Nine--What place are you most grateful for?
Home! I'm grateful to have a home and to be wherever my family is. Home and heaven is where the family is. I'm especially grateful for all the sacrifices that my husband has made and makes continually so that we could move back to my hometown and so that I can raise my children in this wonderful small town. I love this little, rural town in the middle of nowhere. I'm so grateful that I can walk or we can ride our bikes wherever we need to go. I'm grateful big fields of nothing, for wide open spaces. I'm grateful for this beautiful earth that we've been given to live on and enjoy.Day Ten--What taste are you grateful for?
A few years ago, I had surgery on my ear. One of the strange side effects was that I temporarily lost my sense of taste and everything I ate had this weird, slimy texture. From that, I realized how grateful I am for my sense of taste. I love the taste of buttery caramel, fresh, buttered salt & pepper corn on the cob, garlic & onion...I used to eat just plain butter as a kid. I'm suddenly realizing as I'm making this list of tastes I love that I may still have an addiction to butter. Ha ha!Day Eleven--What holidays are you grateful for?
My favorite holidays all come in a row. I love Halloween! I love dressing up and dressing up the kids. It's so much fun! And then there's all that candy...I'm grateful for Thanksgiving because it helps remind us to have gratitude and to count our blessings. Honestly, this fall has had its share of trials, but as Thanksgiving is approaching, I'm finding my heart full of gratitude for the countless blessings that I have in my life. And then there's all that good food...
My most favorite holiday has to be Christmas though. I love the magic of Christmas. I love how Christmas brings us together as families. I love how it turns our hearts to Jesus Christ. I love the smells, the sights, the sounds, and, of course, all the yummy tastes of Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment