On the twelfth day before Christmas my true love gave to me...a kindle!! Yay!
Today I presented for the Jordan School District chapter of the International Reading Association. I did my presentation on Motivating the Unmotivated Reader that I've done at a couple of other conferences. One of my friends from the district office came to one of my presentations and asked if I would do it for the JCIRA, and I agreed. I actually enjoy presenting...it's like being a teacher again, and I get re-licensure points (I'm trying to keep my teaching licence up-to-date, just in case). Anyway, as part of an incentive to come to the workshop (as if hearing me present wasn't incentive enough! J.K.), they were raffling a Kindle and some books at the end of the workshop. Well, I had two tickets in the raffle and wasn't really expecting much because I NEVER win anything! Every raffle, lottery, gamble...no luck! I was just hoping for one of the picture books. So I was completely surprised when they called my name for the Kindle. I am so excited because I was sort of wanting one for Christmas. Granted, it will not replace or cure my addiction to purchasing books, but it will make reading on the go so much easier. I will no longer need to pack an extra suitcase of books! I really do take at least four or five books with me when I go on vacation (I have this fear of having some down time and no book). One person who was not as excited as me was my husband. Why? Because that it was he was planning to get for me for Christmas. He loves to spoil me, and it was part of big plan he had. He was going to get me a Nook. I told him to research and find out which is better and then give me the better of the two for Christmas, and it still totally counts as a present from him. I still can't believe it! I won a Kindle!!
No comments:
Post a Comment