Let it be noted that I was once an English teacher but am now the mother of four very young and very vivacious children. I blame all grammatical and spelling errors on this fact and ask for your compassion and forgiveness (and maybe some brownies too). =)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

On the ninth day before Christmas...

I almost forgot to do a post today. Good thing for husbands to keep a girl on track! Today has been a really fun day. My mom and my Aunt Tina have this tradition where they get together every year and make Christmas candy to send out to their brothers. So Manda and I decided that we want to start a tradition like that too. Well, except for the send the goodies out thing...we decided it would be fun to make yummy treats and EAT yummy treats! Maybe we'll share, but I wouldn't put money on it. We made Martha Washington Balls (a southern treat that is easy to make and ta-asty!), we attempted to make English toffee (not for beginners, even if the recipe says that it is super easy...), and sugar cookies. It was so much fun hanging out with my sister. We chatted for hours and laughed so hard. We're saying that Sam decorated the cookies...that's our story and we're sticking to it.
Also today, we had the opportunity to have dinner with six couples from our ward. The two older couples hosted the get-together and are just such gracious and welcoming people. We had a great time getting to know different people, and happily, Sam didn't destroy the house! For the wiggle worm that he is, he actually did a really good job. Everyone just loves that kid! Sometimes I think that if we could send babies out as missionaries, we would really get the gospel to people. I love how Sam just accepts people and gives them love without hesitation (well, except for Santa the other day; there was no love there).
After dinner tonight (which was delicious!), we shared some memorable Christmases with everyone. I remembered how after Grandma Medina passed away, that first Christmas without her, my Aunt Tina found this shoe box with a bunch of Christmas cards for all the grandkids. Each card had a little 'love you from Grandma Ida' and a two dollar bill. It was just what I needed that year--to know that grandma was still there for me. It reminded me of the really important things in life--family. I'm so grateful that the Savior came for us and made it possible for us to return to our Heavenly Father and to be with our families for forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment