What a wonderful day! Sam is not at the age of knowing that he has to get up at the crack of dawn to see what Santa brought, so we were able to sleep-in almost to 8:00 a.m. I think Sam was most excited that he woke up to find Nanny Man, Uncle J, daddy, and mommy all in the same room as him. That was his favorite Christmas present! Though don't let that deceive you that the little guy didn't get a ton of awesome presents. He made out like a bandit! He is one loved kid! Though I can't say I had a rough Christmas myself. Poor Nic. I kept ruining his best Christmas gift ideas (with winning the Kindle and all), but he managed to come up with a winner--a new video camera! Yay! I'm so excited to get those family movies rollin'! I surprised Nic with a couple of presents, including a scrapbook I made of Gimli. It had us all crying when Nic opened it. Such a good dog. We really miss him. It was fun to put the book together though and remember all the good times with good ol' Gimli.
We had so much fun with my family and then the fun continued with Nic's family. Pretty much I ate all day long which is okay on Christmas. I don't know that I'll ever be able to move again! Everything has been such a whirlwind of fun with family and friends. It's kind of sad to think that Christmas has now come and gone. But then again, it is also nice to think about getting back to routines again (though I don't think I'm very excited to dive into the get our house in order project).
Well, I'm ready for bed. Again, what a wonderful time of year! I love Christmas! I hope all my family and friends had a wonderful Christmas. Happy Birthday, Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment