Today I was asked to share at church a Christmas poem that I wrote, so I thought for my post today, I would just share that with you. Hope you enjoy!Mary’s Prayer
Mary quietly watches her slumbering child;
She rests her face against His so mild.
She gently whispers against His cheek in love
And pleads for Him to her Father above,
“Father in Heaven, I pray to Thee tonight
To give thanks to Thee for all that is right,
To give thanks for this Child asleep in a manger;
Oh, how I thank Thee for this sweet little stranger.”
She softly leans over and kisses his brow,
“Dear Father, bless me to show Him how—
How to obey and Thy servant be,
And once He has learned, to help others to see.
Look at His feet and ten tiny toes!
Bless Him with kindness wherever He goes.
See how both of His small hands fit in mine;
Bless these hands to do Thy work divine.
His cheeks are so rosy, His eyes so bright;
Bless Him always with Thy guiding light.
See the sweet smile on His tender face;
Bless Him to teach others of Thy loving Grace.”
Mary pauses, a tear in her eye.
She cradles her baby and says with a sigh,
“Father, I know He will lead a hard life;
Already it is full of heartache and strife.
I don’t know what trials He will face,
But if I could I would take His place.
I can’t hold Him forever in these arms of mine,
But when I’m not there wilt Thou hold Him in thine?
When I’m not there to give Him my love,
Shine Thy love down from Thy courts above.
This dear babe is most precious to me,
But if Thou asketh, I give Him to Thee.”

She rests her face against His so mild.
She gently whispers against His cheek in love
And pleads for Him to her Father above,
“Father in Heaven, I pray to Thee tonight
To give thanks to Thee for all that is right,
To give thanks for this Child asleep in a manger;
Oh, how I thank Thee for this sweet little stranger.”
She softly leans over and kisses his brow,
“Dear Father, bless me to show Him how—
How to obey and Thy servant be,
And once He has learned, to help others to see.
Look at His feet and ten tiny toes!
Bless Him with kindness wherever He goes.
See how both of His small hands fit in mine;
Bless these hands to do Thy work divine.
His cheeks are so rosy, His eyes so bright;
Bless Him always with Thy guiding light.
See the sweet smile on His tender face;
Bless Him to teach others of Thy loving Grace.”
Mary pauses, a tear in her eye.
She cradles her baby and says with a sigh,
“Father, I know He will lead a hard life;
Already it is full of heartache and strife.
I don’t know what trials He will face,
But if I could I would take His place.
I can’t hold Him forever in these arms of mine,
But when I’m not there wilt Thou hold Him in thine?
When I’m not there to give Him my love,
Shine Thy love down from Thy courts above.
This dear babe is most precious to me,
But if Thou asketh, I give Him to Thee.”


That is beautiful....loved it....
ReplyDelete