Let it be noted that I was once an English teacher but am now the mother of four very young and very vivacious children. I blame all grammatical and spelling errors on this fact and ask for your compassion and forgiveness (and maybe some brownies too). =)

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Being a mom is like being a lottery winner.

Being a mom is like being a chauffeur, a chef, a maid, a referee, a doctor, a therapist, a dietician, a musician, an actor, a teacher, search and rescue, a spy, and sometimes a prisoner of war...you name it, a mom does it. But most of all, being a mom is like being a lottery winner every day. Yes, there are bad days, but there are also good days, and I wouldn't trade this wonderful gift called motherhood for all the money in the world. I feel pretty darn lucky to have three handsome, smart, funny, kind, loving, often mischievous little boys to call my own. Every day, good or bad, there is a new adventure. Every day I get to see the world through new eyes. The world is scarier and prettier. There is laughter and tears; frustration and heartaches; and most of all, overwhelming joy. I love when my kiss is the only thing that can make an owie stop hurting. I love when I have little arms wrapped around my neck and when I get slobbery kisses. I love when my little boys run across the room with their arms outstretched so happy to see me. I love watching my baby sleep nestled in my arms. My heart almost breaks with overwhelming love when I hear a little voice say, "Mommy I love you soooooooo much." Being a mom is like taking all of the hard things and all of the good things in life and mushing and knotting it all together into a giant, tangled ball of gooey, sticky wonder and adventure. I truly am the luckiest girl in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment