Let it be noted that I was once an English teacher but am now the mother of four very young and very vivacious children. I blame all grammatical and spelling errors on this fact and ask for your compassion and forgiveness (and maybe some brownies too). =)

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

This past year we received two thousand ten plus blessings. I'm excited for the one more blessing we'll receive this new year. I am just feeling really blessed in my life right now.
To begin, I need to admit that I am not only getting older but more lame. Point to prove this: I was too tired to stay up until midnight last night. I think I was in bed by 9:30. Sad. Oh well, there's always next year. But the more I think about it, I don't think I've ever really had much luck with new year's celebrations. My brother and sister still like to tease me about the year I was babysitting them, and they had to wake me up at midnight. I mumbled, "Happy New Year!" and promptly went back to sleep. I can't really think of any memorable moments...okay, I take that back. Many, many years ago my mom was pregnant. She was due on Christmas. I prayed and prayed that she wouldn't have that baby on Christmas because I knew, somehow, that THAT would really mess up my holidays. Instead, my little sister/best friend was born on December 31st. That was a memorable New Year's (and the BEST)! How can you top that, really? The only thing that comes close was when Amanda had a birthday party one year, and we took a gaggle of giggling and screaming tweens to dinner and a movie. I was driving and was so unnerved by the racket that I ran over one of Manda's friends. Just her foot, mind you. And it had to be the friend with parents who are over-protective of their child. I guess that was a memorable moment...
I think the bottom line is that my struggles with New Year's might be because I have such a hard time with change--maybe it's just not my holiday. And that's okay. I have my favorites. And I think that, because I didn't make it until midnight, I am exempt from any New Year's Resolutions. I can't really think of any way to improve myself anyway...just kidding! I hope the rest of you all had a wonderful New Year's celebration! And I wish you all the best of the best of the best this new year!

3 comments:

  1. What's the One more Blessing you will receive in the new year? Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm....I am wondering the same thing as your friend Kate....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sillies! I was just trying to say that I had two thousand ten blessings this past year and this year, because it is 2011, there will be two thousand eleven blessings (thus one extra blessing)! =)

    ReplyDelete