Let it be noted that I was once an English teacher but am now the mother of four very young and very vivacious children. I blame all grammatical and spelling errors on this fact and ask for your compassion and forgiveness (and maybe some brownies too). =)

Monday, January 17, 2011

All is well.

I feel like I'm leading a double life here. All of these posts about our MOTW (miracle on the way) won't be published until after Valentine's day when we make the official announcement. It's like I'm keeping a whole other secret blog! Exciting! =)
Well, the doctor's appointment went really well. I was so nervous! I kept having nightmares that the doctor would tell me there was nothing there. But we saw it! We saw our little baby on the ultrasound screen. Granted, it's still in blob form, but we got to see its little heart beating away. I think I asked the doctor two or three times, "So, there is something there? I am pregnant, right?" And I think both Hubs and I were just in shock. The doctor probably didn't think we seemed very excited, but the truth was I couldn't even put complete sentences together! You know when you're too tired to sleep? Well, I was too excited to be excited! I am still just so amazed at this miracle. I remember once I was hanging out with Nic's mom and sisters, and they were asking me what our plans were about adopting. Someone said something to the effect that maybe Sam was my one miracle. I remember feeling kind of bad about that, but then my wonderful sister-in-law, Heidi, said, "I think God has plenty of miracles in store for you guys! You never know when another miracle is just around the corner." How grateful I am for her faith and support! I've thought a lot about what she said, and I've really come to understand that when the scriptures say that God is a God of miracles, it's plural--miracles--not singular. In our limited mortal perspective, I think sometimes we attempt to limit God by not having enough faith or not believing. But with God nothing is impossible and miracles happen in our lives when we least expect them. I also think that miracles are not a single event. Watching Sam learn and grow each day, I am convinced that he is one continuous miracle. Having the opportunity to repent of my mistakes each day is a continuous miracle. Being an eternal family is a continuous miracle. My life is full of miracles!

No comments:

Post a Comment