Let it be noted that I was once an English teacher but am now the mother of four very young and very vivacious children. I blame all grammatical and spelling errors on this fact and ask for your compassion and forgiveness (and maybe some brownies too). =)

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Super Nanny Saves the Day! (Again!)

Last Wednesday Sam got sick. It was just a cold, but our first real illness with him. We've had little things here and there--teething, an upset tummy, but this was the first actual sick day. I spent most of the day holding him and rocking him. He wasn't fussy. He was just clingy and wanted to be held. He had a runny nose and a fever and was sneezing a lot. That night I was up with him much of the night. I ended up sleeping on his floor with him which was not very fun on my sore hips, but we got through it. The next day I started to feel sick. Sam's fever was gone but he still had a runny nose and now a cough. By that afternoon, I was miserable. (It's crazy how much worse a cold can seem when you're prego!) That evening Nic was in charge, and he was the one to take care of Sam that night. It amazes me that a kid can be up most of the night but have plenty of energy the next day. That's not so much how it works with the mommy and daddy! Friday morning Nic woke up not feeling well. He still had to go to work though. I was still sick. Sam was starting to get better but still had a cough and runny nose. I knew that it was time to call in Super Nanny! Nanny Manda had to work that morning, but she arrived later Friday afternoon, and boy! were we excited to see her! Luckily, Sam had taken a long nap that afternoon, so I was able to just veg for a few hours. When Manda arrived, she got us all fed, changed a stinky diaper, and rolled up her sleeves to start taking care of us. Manda is a natural nurturer and care-taker. She's one of those Mother Theresa types--she just knows how to make you feel better. She's like a combination of Nanny McPhee and Mary Poppins (all the magic of both of them, but the beauty of Mary Poppins). When Nic got home, Manda made us dinner, and we vegged while watching Lord of the Rings. She stayed the night, and I didn't need to worry once about Sam that night, so I got a much-needed good night's rest. Then Manda took care of all of us all Saturday. By then, the cold had really hit Nic. Pretty much, I was a day behind Sam with the cold, and Nic was a day behind me. Nanny Manda stayed one more night. Watching her rock Sam that night because his coughing was making it hard for him to sleep, my heart was full of gratitude to Heavenly Father for giving me such an amazing sister. I prayed to have a little sister for nine years, and God gave me so much more than what I prayed for! We are all blessed in our family to have our Nanny Manda. It's cute to see how much Sam loves his Nanny and how much she loves him. I think they'll always have a strong bond.
When Nanny had to leave the next morning to go to church, I cried. I missed her already! She is such an amazing woman! And once again she saved the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment