Yesterday we had the big doctor's appointment and got to find out what we are having. Beforehand, when Sam was asked if he was having a baby brother or sister, he went with sister. When asked if he wanted a baby sister, he shook his head 'no'. When asked if he wanted a baby brother, he shook his head enthusiastically 'yes'. Grandma M has been certain from the beginning that the baby is a girl. She's been making pink John Deere quilts from day one. Grandpa D informed us when we were pregnant with Sam that I would be having all the grandsons in the family and Amanda will have the girls. Papa J and Grandma J made no bets, but Grandma J did buy some tights for a future little girl the other day. Nic and I knew we would be excited about a boy or a girl, though I think Nic was secretly hoping for a boy because I kept telling him how abundant cute girl clothes are and that if we had a girl, I would not be able to refrain from going on a complete shopping extravaganza. Well, Sam was wrong but got what he wanted. The Grandmas' quilts and tights will have to wait for the next one. And Nic has been spared a total shopping spree (though there will be plenty of 'little' shopping sprees for the new baby that just can't be avoided). It's a BOY! I guess I will continue to be out-numbered in this house, and I won't need to change the name of my blog. I liked what my friend, Heidi, said last Sunday. She said that if we are just going to have two kids, then it would be nice to have a girl. But then she said, "I don't think you'll be done with just two, so I say it's a boy!"
We are so excited for this new little one. I am sure that Sam and his little brother are going to be the best of buds! And, most likely, a holy terror duo running havoc through the house and neighborhood with Gus hot on their heels. The baby is healthy and is looking good. The silly boy kept hiding from us, so it was difficult to get a good look at his face. He kept ducking behind things when we would try to look at him. I wonder how much of their personality babies have in the womb because when we did Sam's ultrasound, he was dancing all around and flipping us off and not afraid to show it all off. There's also one ultrasound picture where it looks like Sam is working on something. It was so Sam. Sam is my social butterfly, my ball of energy, and he is a little mini-Nic. That was apparent from those very first ultrasound pictures. I wonder if this baby boy will be a little more like his momma--a little more reserved and shy. I guess I will just have to wait to find out. All I know for now, is that he is beautiful and that he is a complete miracle. Me and my Boys--it doesn't get any better than this!
Congrats! That's awesome! I am so happy for you...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That will be so fun for him to have a little brother!
ReplyDeleteYAY - so happy for you!
ReplyDelete