Let it be noted that I was once an English teacher but am now the mother of four very young and very vivacious children. I blame all grammatical and spelling errors on this fact and ask for your compassion and forgiveness (and maybe some brownies too). =)

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Don't want to miss a thing!


I am amazed at how much Baby S learns and grows each day. As an adult, there isn't a lot of change from day to day, typically. You look back over a year, maybe, and think, "Wow! Look at how much I've learned this year. I've made a lot of changes!" But as a baby, everything is in hyper drive--learning and growth comes minute to minute. For example, just today suddenly Baby S is holding his head up like a pro. And when I put him down for his nap today, he suddenly learned how to scootch from one end of the crib to the other. Just today! Smiling, laughing, turning to look at you...these milestones just keep coming everyday.
Today I spent a little time doing the clothes exchange--changing out the clothes that don't fit him anymore for the bigger outfits. Again I am amazed. His favorite dinosaur jammies fit him just fine two weeks ago. When he wore them the other night, he couldn't unbend his legs and stretch out. I enjoyed going through the clothes and remembering when Baby S fit in them (it's not hard to remember something that was only weeks ago!), but it was also kind of sad to realize that my baby isn't a newborn anymore, that he is an infant and well on his way to becoming a toddler. Will the time always go this fast? I feel like crooning along with Steven Tyler: "Don't want to close my eyes. I don't want to fall asleep. 'Cause I'd miss you babe. And I don't want to miss a thing..."
My baby's growing up right before my eyes! If I even blink, I might miss something! It is truly amazing!

2 comments:

  1. It's true. One moment you can leave the room with them playing on the floor, comfortable with the fact that they can't move very far while you are gone, the next minute you are installing door knob covers to keep them from escaping the house, or entering rooms they shouldn't be in. And then you realize that not only are they a toddler but they look like a kid, not a baby....and then you cry. (or at least I do)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately it DOES always go that fast! I can't believe that my baby is 13 months already....and that my first will be 11 next month!!! That is the one that gets me...one more year and she will be in Young Women's!!!

    ReplyDelete