

I can't believe Christmas has already come and gone! I also can't believe that my little Turkey is already a month old. Wow! Time seriously goes by so quickly! As usual, Hubs and I were doing our Christmas shopping two days before the big day, and doing Christmas deliveries (very few this year) Christmas Eve. Every year, I tell myself that I'm going to be on top of things. Christmas cards will be sent out Dec. 1st (though I do have to pat myself on the back that I did get some Christmas cards out this year which is better than the no Christmas cards of former years but not to everyone that I wanted to send them to--sorry if I missed you, but I'll be new and improved come next Christmas (I hope!)), home-made Christmas presents will be started now, store-bought Christmas presents will be bought by November, and Christmas goodies will be made and delivered, complete with some cute holiday cheer saying, at least one week before Christmas...who knows, maybe Christmas 2010 will see these miracles happen! Or maybe I should lay off the eggnog! Anyway, here are some super cute pictures of baby's first Christmas. I had forgotten how much joy children bring to Christmas. Even though Turkey's only a month old, he reminded all of us of the Christmas Spirit and the fun of the holiday!

"Well, Santa, for Christmas I would like a jeep, a pony, some teeth...you know, just the basic necessities! I promise I've been good. After all, I've only been around for a month!"
I love this picture of Turkey with Santa Claus! Especially because of who is in the suit. Anyone who knows Hubs very well would be surprised! =)

Our Christmas tradition is to spend Christmas eve at my parents' house. Traditionally, we all camp out in the same room--that includes three dogs, my brother, my sister, Hubs, the baby, and me. This year, though, my sister is on a mission and my brother elected to sleep in the basement (he didn't want to spoon with the dogs again this year!). But it was plenty crowded with all of the dogs-Tinkerbell, Gimli, and Gus-especially because two of the dogs are rather large! It is also tradition that we all get to open one present on Christmas eve--pajamas. In this picture you can see Hubs in his new Jazz jammies. Christmas morning, us kids get up and go wake up my parents by singing 'We wish you a Merry Christmas' which is a real treat in the morning seeing how none us can really carry a tune! This year we were all lazy and didn't wake up until 7 a.m. when my sister called from Alabama. So we had to skip the Christmas morning caroling, but, instead, got to talk to Nanny and hear how things are going on her mission. She sounded good and was so excited to hear about her new little nephew. After opening presents, we headed off to Hub's family to spend Christmas day with them. This part of the tradition includes family, watching movies we got for Christmas, napping, and lots of eating!


It was also Gus' first Christmas with us (he turned 1 year-old on November 23rd), and he was just like a little kid. He was just so excited about everything. He got a new bone and a stuffed animal for Christmas and was so ecstatic! He had to show me his new bear a hundred times! Gimli was like a teenager. He just got his bone, gave a quick nod to say 'thank you', and went in a corner to enjoy his present.





What a spoiled baby! Great grandparents think alike. Grandpa and Grandma M got Turkey a cute little rocking horse. His feet don't quite reach the stirrups yet, but Turkey had a good time on his new pony and had us all laughing with his expressions! He even grabbed hold of the reins. Then Papa and Grandma J got him a cute little rocking bull. Again, Turkey proved to be absolutely adorable as he rode his bucking bull. Now Turkey can have his very own rodeo!
And last of all, I had to include a couple of pictures of Turkey with his grandpas!
It was such a wonderful Christmas! As we were driving home, Hubs and I talked about how good our lives are right now. We have been so blessed this year!
Glad to see you post again! What a cutie you have! I still want to come see you soon. I was sick the first two weeks of December and then you know how crazy it gets around Christmas. Maybe next week when my kids go back to school. I'll call you.
ReplyDeleteYour Turkey is so cute! Glad you had such a good Christmas! I love hearing how things are going for you.
ReplyDeleteHow cute! I was hoping to see pics of him! Reagan got that same rocking horse for Christmas as well :)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad things are going well! I home Manda is doing so goood! I miss her terribly!!