Seven years ago, on November 8th, I met Hubs at a party that I threw for my roommate's birthday. Hubs was not on the invite list but found out about the party from some friends and came. Party crasher! But I'm glad he did because look where we are now!
In case you don't know what H-O-T-Y stands for, here it is: Husband-of-the-Year. So here are the top 10 reasons why my hubbie wins H-O-T-Y this year (and why he is in the running for D-O-T-Y, though I have to check the rule book and see if he can accumulate points before the kid is born):
10. I can wake him in the middle of the night, to rub my back when it gets sore, and he does it without a complaint.
9. Every morning he puts my socks and shoes on for me because I can no longer reach to do it myself. And not only does he do it with a smile, but he says it's one of his favorite things to do each day.
8. He spoils me rotten. In the past few weeks, he's brought me flowers (twice), jewelry, furniture (from an old-fashioned dressing table that is gorgeous to a new slider chair, he has really been spoiling me)...the list goes on and on. He sold his Harley months ago, his Jeep(s) has gone untouched for almost a year (which is a cardinal sin in his book), his truck is in need of some new parts, but I have everything I need/want.
7. He's working full-time, going to school, serving as Elder's Quorum president, constantly helping people out around the neighborhood, and everything else in his busy life but he still finds time to hold me and love me every day. And he works so hard to provide for me and our family without hesitation. Because of his hard work, I will be able to have my dream of being a stay-at-home mom.
6. He puts up with my ever changing moods and doesn't even notice the mascara stains on his shoulders anymore. And he's quick to forget the irrational hissing and spitting that comes from me some days.
5. He makes me laugh, even when I'm having a really crummy day. You haven't experienced funny until you see Hubs shimmying (he can really shake those hips!) across the kitchen or heard him sing along to 'Big Girls Don't Cry' on the radio!
4. He really listens to me. He jokes that he has learned the art of nodding and saying "uh-huh" at the appropriate times, but he really does listen to me and care about what I'm saying. And he listens to the baby too. He'll talk to Turkey and then put his ear up to my tummy to listen. He's going to be such a great daddy!
3. He builds me up. He tells me I'm beautiful even when I wake up with Chia-hair, raccoon eyes, and pillow lines across my face. He always believes in me, no matter how wacky or out-of-the-ballpark my dreams might be. He makes me want to be a better person.
2. He prays for me and expresses his love for me in his prayers. He strengthens my faith with his testimony.
1. He loves me unconditionally, undeniably, and without limits. Every day he does something that gives me just a glimpse into how infinitely deep his love is for me. I am amazed by his love.
What a guy! I don't know how I lucked out to get such a wonderful husband, but I'm definitely not going to him for granted!
Ah! What a good man! I hope things are going well for you! Bet you are excited to be getting so close! Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see you posting again! Good luck with the baby! I am excited for you! Sorry I couldn't make it to your shower....would love to see pics though!
ReplyDelete