A brief 411--My husband and I have been married for almost six years. And can I say that I really lucked out in that department? I LOVE my husband. He wins hands-down Husband-of-the-Year every year (though I won't tell him that because it's not good for him to ge
We've also been trying to start our family for about 4 1/2 years now. If you want a complete run-down of those years, you can go to my old blog (http://infertilemyrtlesblog.blogspot.com) and read about it. It has been a bittersweet experience--much tears but also much joy and many miracles. From my experiences with infertility, I feel like I really gained so much. I got to know and trust in myself so much more, I grew closer to and increased my faith in my loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, my husband and I grew so much closer and stronger, and I really discovered how wonderful and loving my family and friends are. When I look at the blessings I've received through out the years, I can truly say "it was worth the price we paid". And now, we have a miracle on the way--a baby boy due on November 20th. We are so excited...well, beyond excited! Now, I know that every baby is a miracle from God, but this baby is especially wonderful to me because this is my own, personal miracle. As we get closer and closer to the big day, I am realizing more and more how truly wonderful this baby is. A couple of weeks ago, we went to an all-day baby class, one of those third trimester classes that covers the basics of what you need to know for the last part of your pregnancy, labor and delivery, and after the baby arrives. As I sat there in that class, trying to soak in as much information as I could, it really began to sink in that this was really happening to me. It wasn't very long ago that I was trying to come to terms with the idea that I may never be able to have children. Even as we watched the birthing video (which is very graphic and terrifying in many ways), I just sat there and cried (well, sobbed would be a better word) because I was just so overcome with happiness, gratitude, and awe that I get to be a part of this miraculous process of bringing a new life into this world. My life is so good! =)

So, that's us in a nutshell. Things are a little hectic right now--we're remodeling the house to get ready for the baby, I'm still working full-time as a middle school teacher but trying to get things ready for when I leave work, and just being pregnant keeps me busy. But I'll try to post often! Stay tuned for pictures and updates of our home remodeling project!
Congrats! I never made it to a birthing class... Hope it helps you!
ReplyDelete