Let it be noted that I was once an English teacher but am now the mother of four very young and very vivacious children. I blame all grammatical and spelling errors on this fact and ask for your compassion and forgiveness (and maybe some brownies too). =)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A post for my Lover Man

This is a post from a few months ago that, for some reason or other, I never published:

With the recent Valentine's day and having celebrated our wedding anniversary at the end of January, I've had love on my mind. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my husband? I know for a fact that I found my soul mate. I know that Nic and I were best friends long before we ever met or before we ever came to this world. Some relationships, the important ones, have no beginning and no end. How happy I am to have a forever love with Nic.

During the past year we've had a couple of people that we know well get divorced. The first couple was married for about five or six years. We were there on their first date. We used to do double dates every once in awhile. I was so sad when I found out. There was no big event that broke up their marriage. They just drifted apart. The second couple was only married a couple of years. Again, there was no big event, no major issue. As Nic told me, "their goals in life were going in different directions."

I guess I've always thought that divorce was caused by some major event such as an affair or some conflict that is impossible to overcome. But I'm realizing more and more that it's usually the little things that make a difference. And I'm realizing more and more how many little things Nic does every day to keep us going in the same direction.

I love how much Nic hates going out of town. He has to travel for work quite a bit sometimes, but he never looks forward to it. I know of too many people who are constantly trying to get away from their spouse. I love that Nic is constantly thinking of excuses to be with me.

I love how Nic shares his interests and dreams with me, and listens when I share my dreams and interests with him. He is the foundation to my dreams and one of my greatest dreams come true.

I love how Nic expresses his love for me in so many different ways every day. I don't ever doubt his love for me.

I love how happy Nic is to be a father. He wasn't too sure about the whole thing before we had Sam, but the minute that little boy was born, Nic's heart was changed. He loves his boys and wouldn't change a thing.

Have I mentioned how much I love that guy?!
 






So, sweetheart, Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Anniversary. Thank you for being the best husband ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment