Nanny tales
Today I am thankful for my nephews, Turkey and Marmitt. They are the two cutest little boys in the world, and I love being their Nanny!
Today is Turkey's second birthday! We celebrated with him on Sunday. I came quickly to the realization that I have a spending problem when it comes to my little guys, but that's ok! Seeing how much Turkey enjoyed his presents was so much fun. He's growing so fast and learning so much. A few weeks ago when Marmitt was blessed we were all at my sister's house for dinner afterwards. It was past Turkey's nap time, so I decided that the two of us would sneak into Jolene and Nic's room for a little nap. We were both on the bed, me with my eyes closed and pretending to be asleep when suddenly I felt a little hand on my face. "Nanny, you sleepin?" Try as I might I could not contain my laughter! It was so adorable to hear that little voice ask me if I was sleeping. I tried to pretend to be asleep again with similar results, only it moved from a hand on the face to a little boy climbing on my back. My little Turkey is the sweetest thing ever, and I am so lucky to be his Nanny! There is no sweeter sound in the world than to hear "Nanny! Nanny! Nanny!" when he sees me, and there's no greater feeling in the wo
Yesterday was Marmitt's 3-month birthday. He is the same age now that Turkey was when I met him. My little Marmitt is getting so big and so fun! He has started smiling now, and as I held him the other night he was so happy and smiling at me! He is even starting to love kisses from his Nanny. Just like his big brother, this little guy has his Nanny wrapped around his finger! My
The power of the Sister Rings
Day 23Today I am oh-so-thankful for my wonderful sister, Jolene. Not everyone knows this, but when she and I were younger we didn't really get a long. There is a 9 year age gap between us, so for a long time I was the "annoying little sister" that everyone talks about (really, I was!) and she was the "mean big sister" who never let me have any fun (at least that's how I remember it!). We did plenty to torture one another back in the day, and somehow we both survived.
Fast forward to Jolene going on her mission. I missed her while she was gone, and was excited when she came home, but there still wasn't that deep connection. Then she was home, and we started to do things together. In the 18 months that she had been gone we had both done a lot of growing, and it helped us to grow closer together. Plus, she gave me a pretty awesome "sister" ring, to which she has a twin. To this day we both wear our "sister" rings to prove that we're really sisters!
I am so thankful that we both finally grew up and really got to know one another. In my sister I have found my dearest friend, my kindred spirit. For better or for worse my sister knows me inside and out-and she loves me despite my faults and shortcomings. My sister is someone I know that I can turn to no matter what, and she'll always listen and offer support and counsel. Jolene is my cheerleader, my motivator, my mediator, my sounding board, my rock, and she's a really good shoulder to cry on! We have so much fun together, and it's usually quite the adventure when we're together! Nic calls Jolene and I "surround sound" because we tend
"Talked to God like he was talkin' to a Friend..."
Day 6
Today I am so grateful for my brother-in-law, Nic. He and I don't always see eye to eye and we have our differences, but even when we're acting like a couple of old billy goats I know that he is an amazing man deep down. One thing that I particularly love about him is his ability to pray and actually talk to God. I love the opportunities that I have to share prayers in the Jenkins household for this reason. Nic has a way of making a blessing on the food sound real, personal, and so sincere. Hearing him pray always makes me evaluate and change the way that I pray.
My newest nephew (if you don't count Ruger) was given a name and a blessing today. I was really looking forward to this as I had missed Sam's blessing while I was on my mission. I love my nephew, Mark Emmitt Clay to pieces, and knowing that my awesome bro-in-law with his amazing gift to pray and speak to Father made it even more better. Unfortunately, due to some technical issues only the people on the first couple of rows of the chapel got to hear the blessing. I laughed as I realized that I have not heard either of my nephew's blessings (but hey, it keeps it fair!) but it's ok because the important part is that Mark Emmitt Clay was given a blessing, and I know that it was great because it came from Nic. I am so grateful that Nic is a part of our family!
Today I am so grateful for my brother-in-law, Nic. He and I don't always see eye to eye and we have our differences, but even when we're acting like a couple of old billy goats I know that he is an amazing man deep down. One thing that I particularly love about him is his ability to pray and actually talk to God. I love the opportunities that I have to share prayers in the Jenkins household for this reason. Nic has a way of making a blessing on the food sound real, personal, and so sincere. Hearing him pray always makes me evaluate and change the way that I pray.
My newest nephew (if you don't count Ruger) was given a name and a blessing today. I was really looking forward to this as I had missed Sam's blessing while I was on my mission. I love my nephew, Mark Emmitt Clay to pieces, and knowing that my awesome bro-in-law with his amazing gift to pray and speak to Father made it even more better. Unfortunately, due to some technical issues only the people on the first couple of rows of the chapel got to hear the blessing. I laughed as I realized that I have not heard either of my nephew's blessings (but hey, it keeps it fair!) but it's ok because the important part is that Mark Emmitt Clay was given a blessing, and I know that it was great because it came from Nic. I am so grateful that Nic is a part of our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment