Let it be noted that I was once an English teacher but am now the mother of four very young and very vivacious children. I blame all grammatical and spelling errors on this fact and ask for your compassion and forgiveness (and maybe some brownies too). =)

Monday, May 23, 2011

Swimming Lessons

Sam and I just got back from our first swim lesson. We had so much fun! We just signed up for a parent-tot class at the local rec center. Today we learned to blow bubbles in the water and how to get in and out of the swimming pool. And we did a lot of getting used to the water. Sam hasn't really been in a swimming pool since last summer, and I'm not sure if he really remembers what a little fish he was. Today he had a death grip on me (and my swimsuit--there may have been some accidental wardrobe malfunctions today...), but by the end of the lesson, he started to relax a little more. There's only one other student in the class. Her name is Shayla and her mom's name is Shannon. They just moved here, and I think it was exciting for all of us to make new friends. Shannon is also pregnant and Shayla is just a few weeks younger than Sam, so we have some things in common. We're even going to do lunch one of these days. Maybe to the average person who has somewhat of a life, that doesn't sound like a big deal. But to someone like me, it's worth celebrating! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment